Monday, September 15, 2008

The Snake Bite Curse continued yesterday...

Things continued to get worst in Bayou Sorrell yesterday. I left New Roads at 10:30 so that I could have lunch to the crews by noon. Yes you read right it takes an hour and a half to get down there. On my way I get a phone call from our safety coordinator who is overseeing a crew working down there. He tells me he needs a jacket...the one with the long sleeves that tie in the back (a straight jacket). When I ask what is wrong now he informs me that a barge has crashed into the Bayou Sorrell bridge and they are stranded on the other side. What was a simple jump across the bridge has now become a 52 mile drive down a muddy levee road. I will say this despite the problems down there they are doing really good. Today we are 96% back up on our entire system and I just found out I have the day off on Friday!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, goodness, you need it!