Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Most Unusual Date Ever...


My date, Scott, is the guy on the right.

As most of you know, I have had some doozies of dates before, but this one takes the cake. Usually these dating experiences do not turn out to be really that great, but this one was really a good one.

As you know we have been in recovery mode since September 1. We had some out of state crews come from Oklahoma to help us. Great people! One crew was leaving to go home last Friday, so the foreman of the crew came up to me while I was handing out dinners Thursday night and asked me if I would go to dinner with him. Not wanting to make my supervisors upset, I hesitated but then agreed to a dinner date.

After they finished unloading their truck he came up to me and asked if I was ready, I said yes. He said well lets grab a box and where would you like to sit? We took our boxed dinner and went to the warehouse. Then he offered to go to the freezer to get me an ice cream...too sweet!

We really had a good time for a date that didn't cost a dime and we didn't go anywhere. I think I made some of our linemen jealous because I was paying more attention to our out of state crew. lol

It was the most unusual date ever but probably one of the best!

1 comment: