Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What a Waste?

One of my new year resolutions was to live a little greener. Well I've been recycling. It has been great, very easy and I feel great doing it. However, after taking the time to make an effort to recycle it has been brought to my attention how much corporate America waste in paper. I never read junk mail. I've never taken advantage of the numerous offers. I only open the envelopes to determine whether or not the article of mail needs to be trashed or shredded. Imagine the money, trees, postage, gasoline, man-power, etc they would save if they would stop sending me junk mail. I work in an industry where we are continuously being damned for our carbon foot print while producing coal fire energy that has become necessity for Americans. Well when are the tree huggers going to look at the credit card, phone, and magazine companies. Let's find out what their carbon foot print is just on junk mail.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a great website that you sign up to reduce your junk mail. When I remember the name, I'll email it to you.

Julie said...

You said it sister. Back in the olden days when I stilled paid bills by mail, I'd mail all that crap back to them with my check.