Monday, January 5, 2009

A Medical Phenomenon

I've been suffering from chest pains and stomach pains. The pains would come and go for the last month or so, but the Monday before Christmas it got really bad. At this point we do not know what is wrong with me. My lab work came back OK. I had an ultra sound where they found a cyst on my kidney and a polyp on my gallbladder, but the doctors were not concerned about them. I had a hydascan on Friday and I do not know the result from that yet. It was like an MRI and they ran a small dose of radiation and some medicine through my veins via IV and watched how my gallbladder reacted. Tomorrow I am having a colonoscopy. Hopefully we will find something soon. I sleep all the time and do not have a lot of energy. Everyone seems to think it's my gallbladder, but if I know me they won't find anything wrong with me.

Happy New Year to everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I'm sorry to hear it. You never know, one day they may find the actual problem. Every now and then they get one with me. Enjoy the colonoscopy. Refer to my archives if you want to read about my experience - it was November 2007.

B, Julie, Lise' & Abri said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Take care of yourself and shoot me an email when you're ready to chat.