Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pixie and Root's Rotolo's Diary

There has been much excitment from me about the grand opening of the Rotolo's in New Roads. I have great memories from the Rotolo's at LSU and have spent the last couple month's really talking the place up. July 28, 2011 was opening day...no question we had to be one of the first to eat there! Hey we're from a small town...we get excited when Winn Dixie expands.

Root's and I work together. She has shared my excitement about having a good pizza place in town.

This morning I got the phone number and we went online to decide what to order. The menu looked great. It was a tough choice but Root's and I decided to start out simple. The Deluxe Calzone: Pepperoni, Italian sausage, green peppers, onions and mushrooms.

After such a tough decision we decided we need to make our way through the menu and blog about it. We want to be like the weird foodie blogger on Bethany Ever After. We figure we can at least get the weird part right!!! Hey we have a great start with our nicknames Root's and Pixie.

Even with it being opening day and a packed house Rotolo's did not disappoint. The calzone was awesome. The sauce was a perfect combination of sweet tangy marinara. The bread was perfectly baked...light and fluffy. The filling was cooked perfectly as well.

Bravo to Rotolo's if I didn't know any better I would have never guessed it was opening day.

You will have to see what our next choice(s) will be or we will also take suggestions.

No comments: