Friday, October 3, 2008

And Gustav Leaves a Big Wake...

As we attempt to return to normal, it seems that Gustav continues to cause damage. Two of my really good friends at our sister co-op in Baton Rouge have lost their jobs this week. The reasons for these 2 guys losing their jobs have been because of issues during the storm, but that's not true it was politics.

I know most of you don't care about this but I have used this blog as a journal and I'm hoping it will help just to get my thoughts out. I'm having a very hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that these people will no longer be around.

One of these guys has truly been my best friend, mentor, partner in crime and drinking buddy. I will miss him greatly. I wish them all the best and hope for a new and better beginning for them. For those who are still at the co-op, you are in my thoughts and prayers also because I know times are going to be tough for a little while. Just hang in there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm very sorry to hear that.