Thursday, October 18, 2007

What a week

Not only has the entire month of October been absolutely crazy, but I have had a week from hell. We are down to the week before our tri-state conference we are hosting in Bossier City, so things have been very crazy with reservation changes, speaker changes and agenda changes.

Monday, I took the day off to take Mom to the doctor and to go for some annual check ups myself. Can you believe it's been a year since Mom had knee surgery? Well the doctor is very pleased with the results of the surgery and so are we and he told Mom he does not need to see her for 2 years. So that was great news.

Monday night Emily started having abdominal pains so we spent the wee hours of Tuesday morning in the ER only to be sent home with no results. She went to her family doctor that afternoon and he sent her back to the hospital for emergency surgery on her small intestines. She had a blockage, but they by passed it. She is doing fine and she will probably be in the hospital for a few days.

Needless to say I've been thrown into part time motherhood for the week. With my job I find it hard enough to balance my life. Now I have twelve year old who has to study and has a social/extracurricular life that makes me jealous. So Devin and my life has been in high speed--over drive this week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tell Emily that I hope she is up and around soon! And I'm glad that you & your mom have gotten good checkups!!

Good luck on the conference next week. I have a 2 day meeting we are hosting in Tulsa as well, but it's not a multi-state deal. I'm sure you'll rock it out!!